Feminism Meets the Digital Age of Romance: Do Dating Offer Empowerment?


There is so much to be thankful for, including good health, family, friends, career, and many other little things that make a big difference in one’s individual life. But March contains one of the most important days of the year, International Women’s Day, which is celebrated annually on March 8 to celebrate strong women and raise awareness of certain issues.

“It’s good to see women empowered. The world is ready to accept this new change and adapt. With growing awareness, women are becoming more independent. Finding a partner is not just for pleasure now, women are looking for someone who is emotionally vulnerable, ethically strong and equal.” QuackQuack founder and CEO, Ravi Mittal, added.

On International Women’s Day, QuackQuack asked its users about their views on empowering women in the world of virtual dating. The survey looked at how women view dating in terms of empowerment and what impact feminism has had on the game.

Women know what they deserve. How do empowered women date differently?

The survey revealed that 85% of users were very aware and knew what they deserved. They weren’t ready to settle for less, which is exactly the right thing to do. A minority of 15% of users said they need time to open up and express themselves. QuackQuack reported that female sign-ups increased 11% during the pandemic, suggesting women are ready to adapt to new dating methods. 81% of users believe that online dating provides them with a platform to help them break through their shyness and build their confidence.

Women put themselves first

Changing for someone or trying to change someone is not acceptable for new age women. 61% of users believe in just being yourself and not changing for someone. However, 39% of the remaining users try to make themselves more desirable for their matches. Feminism has sensitized women and continues to do so. 56% of users said they would put themselves first and leave a relationship if necessary. They refused to cede their power. 44% of the remaining users said they would give chances and try to make things work before leaving.

Women are slowly becoming aware and empowering themselves, the majority is pushing towards independence, that’s all that matters.

Consent is everything

82% of users strongly believed in the concept of consent. Consent is important even if it is their partner. Strong women know how to defend themselves and say NO or YES accordingly. Nothing in today’s world works without consent and women are not at all afraid to speak up.

Women have become more open to the digital world

Taking the first step isn’t just for men anymore. 68% of users said online dating provides a sense of security and a wealth of options to choose from. They weren’t afraid to take the first step and check if their match could turn into a potential partner. The remaining 32% of users did not want to take the first step. Users were open to forming meaningful friendships through the virtual world of dating and not just looking for a partner. The women are adapting to the new culture, especially from the West Bengal and North East regions.

Breaking gender norms

Women are not afraid to take the lead in their lives. 62% of users were open to an upcoming love match. They didn’t care what anyone would say because they were taking complete control of their lives. Feminism has made women live their lives as they please.


Comments are closed.